Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Heart Attacks

It's official, I've taken up knitting...AGAIN! :D
I first learnt to knit when I was in single digits, probably about 7 or 8 when y auntie always used to knit but I was never good at it and always ended dropping stitches so I gave up and decided I no longer wanted to play ^^'
When I saw Grace's Batman jumper I decided I wanted to knit one too...

Today I met up with Grace at the wool shop by the station (the woman was so nice!) and picked up our bundles of wool and she taught me to knit once we got to the Tea House and ordered some Japanese Green Cherry tea to share, cake was later ordered to reward ourselves  *___*
I learnt 2 ways to cast on and found that I much preferred the first way with the looping and by now I can actually do it fairly quickly though not half as quickly as Grace ^^' (of course!)
She taught me garter stitch, casting off, stocking stitch and casting off in purl, rib and how to tackle those little loops I kept picking up. (Funny considering I used to get frustrated because of dropping stitches, now I'm picking them up.)
In the end I ended up with 3 beautiful pieces of false facial fluff xD

 
I don't look pleased ^^'

So tonight I made a start on the jumper and started nosying at the pattern. 5 rows in and I was so pleased, I hadn't dropped a stitch nor had a picked up a loop yet and it wasn't all holey! 8 rows in and ohmygod I had a heart attack. I didn't even know for sure if I was doing stocking stitch right O__O
I need to stop doing that to myself...it actually said at the bottom of the page that stocking stitch was 1 row K, 1 row P, etc -___-

Oh crap...now everyone know I've a dude...

I'd keep wearing my mustache if id didn't tickle after a while ^^' but I'm having a lot of fun right now, thank you Grace!!

No comments:

Post a Comment