Wednesday, 24 October 2012

The King is Back!

So recently I've been making my way through Highs and Lows 雷霆掃毒, a TVB crime drama series focusing a lot of drug trafficking Starring Micheal Miu, Raymond Lam, Elaine Ng, Ella Koon, Kate Tsui and Ben Wong.


Synopsis:
Gordon Heung (Michael Miu), senior inspector of the Narcotics Bureau's Operations Wing, is forced to partake in illegal drug manufacturing and trafficking after a mysterious man threatened to reveal his friend's illegal money laundering if he refused. Heung's good friend and student, Senior Inspector Wai Sai-lok (Raymond Lam) of Narcotics Bureau's Intelligence Wing, begins to grow suspicious of Heung after finding some evidence that hinted at Heung's illegal activities during a drug bust. Heung's involvement with drug traffickers also gets leaked to Wai's rival, Chief Inspector Poon Hok-lai (Ben Wong) of the Operations Wing, who decides to use this chance to sever Heung and Wai's relationship. When Poon discovers that Wai had started a romance with his informant, Pat Chan (Kate Tsui), Poon gets in between their relationship and convinces Chan to leave Wai. He then indirectly exposes her to drug trafficking and consumption, and Chan eventually becomes one of the most powerful illegal drug traffickers in Hong Kong.
[From Wikipedia]

 
I really do wish he was paired with Ella though, I like their scenes together and they look cute together ^^ 

The last Raymond Lam series I watched was Three Kingdoms RPG [my post on Three Kingdoms RPG] and although he was likable he was pretty bring, Kenneth Ma's Wan Shun was more lovable to watch but Highs and Lows has rekindled my love for Raymond Lam, I absolutely LOVE him as Wai Sai Lok (Happy Sir)! Heck I'd get involved in narcotics if he was going to be the one to raid my place haha (just kidding, my mother would KILL me!) but really, he is such a fun, adorable character *love love love* I had forgotten how charismatic and yau ying Raymond is haha. I was once asked if I had a celebrity crush and at the time I couldn't provide an answer but now i can tell you it's most DEFINITELY Raymond! *drool* 

 

When revisiting his music since he sings the sub theme for Highs and Lows I found I did miss and still love his vocals. Love his songs so much ^^ oh, except 'Chok' where they tried to make it all hip hop, that was just silly, he's much better suited to ballads, and songs with meaning. Shall be investigating his new album Self Portrait fairly soonish, it might even be the first CD I buy in over six years haha

No comments:

Post a Comment